Wales former Prime Minister’s wife suspects she might have been a victim of News International phone hacking while at her husband office in 2008.
Last summer, Julie Morgan - Labour Assembly Member for Cardiff North, has been contacted by her phone company about calls made between 2005 and 2006. Mrs Morgan said she spoke with officers from the Metropolitan Police who started an investigation regarding nine calls.
Mrs Morgan told Press Association: "I had a letter from my mobile phone company in the summer and they said they had been approached about my phone in 2005 to 2006.
"I have spoken to the Met quite a few times and went to a meeting in the half-term up in London with Rhodri. We went to their specialist police headquarters and spoke to them and they gave us dates when there had been calls from News International to my phone. They said it was six or nine calls.
"I don't personally have any recollection of talking to anybody from News International, but on the other hand this is five years later. But what the police said was that I was a potential victim. I was very shocked and very upset. I couldn't believe it."
The news came out after a comment made by Rhodri Morgan, during a debate at Cardiff University on Thursday.
Photo: National Assembly of Wales