A bus headed for the Trafford Centre set on fire this morning in the middle of the M60.
At around 11am thirty passengers had to flee the 126 service as problems with the exhaust fumes and the fuel line caused the back of the bus to go up in flames.
Luckily for the passengers the driver had noticed that the fire had started and had time to pull over on the hard shoulder. He ordered the passengers to evacuate and they were seen scrambling up the embankment, a safe distance from the bus.
The risk of the bus actually exploding was minimal due to its diesel engine passengers were assured by the fire crew, who arrived shortly to tackle the flames.
No passengers were injured in the fire, although one elderly lady reported having her pubic hair singed in the blaze. The vehicle was towed away late this afternoon.
Photo owned by http://www.flickr.com/photos/pics-by-mpd/5162721048/