Patient at Scarborough Hospital accidentally set on fire during operation

  • comments

BBC Radio York have reported that a patient at Scarborough Hospital has been accidentally set on fire during an operation.

The fire happened when the solution used to clean the skin ignited. The person, who remains unnamed is not thought to have sustained serious injury.

Liz Booth, director of operations at Scarborough and North East Yorkshire NHS Trust, said:

"The skin burn was treated immediately and the patient was kept in hospital over night. As a precaution the patient was transferred to Pinderfields for further assessment and on return was discharged."

Do you have an opinion related to this story or topic? Write an article

Subscribe to news alerts on this topic

Choose the topics you would like to receive news alerts for
blog comments powered by Disqus